Context of the mission
In addition to tendering and negotiating contracts, the purchasing department also ensures a process that ensures that the contracts are executed as agreed and this by actively managing the partnership between the customer and the supplier.
The "Contract & Supplier management" unit within the purchasing department plays a central role in the management of the relations with the suppliers and more specifically with the contractors for investment projects in the execution phase.
In the execution of major investment projects, our client will appoint a contract manager from the purchasing department who, together with the technical project manager, manages the agreed contracts with suppliers for SLAs, costs, conflicts and qualitative execution. The Contract Manager is the SPOC on the construction site for contractors, suppliers and internal stakeholders in terms of contractual and commercial aspects.
Responsibilities of the Buyer
- Reporting and feedback to Program Manager, Project leader, purchase service ...
- Follow-up purchase procedures, orders, planning purchase, ...
- Follow up smaller files
- Preliminary analysis and check market conformity of prices for additional works of suppliers in execution and negotiation with the suppliers
- Background information looking up contracts
- He sees to it that the contracts with external partners are complied with as stipulated at signing.
- He supervises the correct execution of the specifications, the respect of the delivery times and the predetermined budgets by contractors and suppliers. In case of problems, he undertakes corrective measures together with the technical project manager.
- He manages the 'change requests' and 'claims' during the implementation of the contract and this in consultation with the technical project manager.
- He ensures that there is good contractual coordination between the various contractors / suppliers on the site and makes decisions about liability in case of problems.
- He follows the contractual risks and he determines the necessary measures to reduce them.
- He provides the necessary "experience feedback" to the internal customer and purchasers to prevent problems in the future.
- Overall, he is alert for opportunities and win-win situations
Profile of the Buyer
- Master degree, preferably in a technical-commercial domain.
- You speak perfect English and at least one of the two national languages. In the context of this project, one speaks mainly English but at Elia each speaks its own language.
- You have experience in purchasing contracts for works and materials (2-5 years).
- You communicate with others in an efficient and thorough way.
- MS Office has no secret for you on PC-level. Experience with MS Project and SAP is a plus.
- You are flexible and willing to travel frequently to suppliers, within Europe, and to the construction site in progress.