IT and Business Systems Manager
The company is currently undergoing an exciting infrastructure review to optimise on-premises and cloud-based services. Leading on the development of our infrastructure and software strategy, you'll be in a position to harness industry leading technology to position the IT operation as a real enabler of the organisation's five-year strategy.
The IT and Business Systems Infrastructure includes all hardware, software, network resources and service components required for effective and secure operation.
- To lead on the development, deployment and management of the organisation's IT and business systems infrastructure and services with the aim of ensuring secure, uninterrupted and cost-effective operations.
- To lead and manage the IT team, ensuring team members feel motivated and receive appropriate training and professional development.
- To manage and test disaster recovery and business continuity plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis.
- To lead on infrastructure and software strategy development; harnessing industry leading technology and software to position the IT function as an enabler of the organisation's Five-Year Strategy to 2025.
- To lead on developing technical specifications to ensure apps and tools developed externally can easily be integrated with other systems. Manage external contractors to ensure services they provide deliver against the organisation's requirements.
- To be responsible for delivery of all company-wide IT and Business Systems projects, including project specification, management of budgets, procurement of external services and management of contractors.
- To manage the England, Wales and NI IT and Business Systems budgets, ensure delivery against milestones and to report these accurately to the Head of Operations.
- To develop relationships with other internal managers to understand strategic priorities and implement an IT development plan that supports business requirements
- To organise and provide user training, support, advice and feedback on the organisation's IT services, reducing the reactive demand on teams
- To ensure all services are procured on a best-value basis, implementing metrics to evaluate value and setting targets for improvement.
- Ensure the company has the proportionate technological and organisational measures in place to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats.
- Experience of managing technical teams
- Cybersecurity experience in a services environment
- IT and Business Systems strategy development and implementation.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Suite, including Azure, PowerBI and Power Automate.
- Strong understanding of IT hardware, software, network resources and service provision
- Working knowledge of ICT technologies including HTML, CSS, XML and SQL.
- Proven experience of managing people, budgets, change and complex projects.
- A dynamic, technical, and pragmatic individual with the ability to build strong relationships and influence at all levels. Experience of planning and coordinating multiple complex change activities/programmes Experience managing outsourced IT operations/3rd party support contracts inline with agreed SLA
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- Experience of planning and implementing complex cross-functional systems, for example ERP and CRM systems.
If the role is of interest and you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.