Business Analyst - process improvement
1-2 days per week in Bristol office
The Business Analyst is central to the companies ability to lead on the delivery of transformational program initiatives and forms part of a new Business Improvement function we are introducing. The Business Analyst has an opportunity to shape the evolution of this new function and will work closely with business stakeholders to translate business needs into requirements to help with the company's understanding of our current capabilities, future needs and how this can be achieved.
The programme of activities run by the job holder will include running discovery and innovation workshops to build visions and with a wide range of stakeholders; building cases for transformational change along with the associated financial, benefit and risk analysis; market research and ultimately delivering enterprise-wide requirements to IT partners.
- Requirements gathering using a range of techniques
- Skill in developing technical value propositions, business cases and impactful proposals.
- Preparing and coordinating RFPs
- Applied experience guiding transformation in organisations.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills (written, verbal and presentational).
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organisation, and forge and maintain key business relationships.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and effectively communicate complex ideas.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Operational, infrastructure and capability analysis of enterprise-wide systems and processes.
- Organise and run innovation and vision workshops directly or with co-creators (such as consultants) to capture, visualise and express a vision for the transformed experience.
- Conduct research of the marketplace, technology landscape, internal stakeholders and customers to align opportunities to business needs.
- Compile artefacts, data and narrative to build compelling business cases and include:
- The capture, expression and tracking of business benefits.
- Risk and issue management.
- Financial analysis (in conjunction with the Finance Strategy Manager support).
- Identification of dependencies and timelines.
- Coordinate RFP responses.
- Translate business case vision and business models into requirements for IT transformation teams.
- Enterprise-wide process optimisation.
If the role sounds of interest and you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role.