Business Analyst - Fast Growing B2B Media Company
My client is a fast-growing B2B media company providing essential information to a specialst industry.
Technology is central to everything they do and as such they have invested heavily in their in-house development teams who deliver industry leading, web based solutions. The development teams use some of the latest web technologies working on Greenfield projects and applying modern development practices. All projects are run using Agile practices.
You will work as part of the technology department in their central London office, supporting one or more assigned business units to define and realise a technology roadmap that supports the business strategy.
This is a hands-on role where your main focus is on gathering and analysing data, defining current processes and requirements, writing stories, crafting mock-ups, researching industry evolutions, as well as identifying process improvements and communicating with key project partners and the development team to ensure delivery of the right solution at the right time.
- Liaise with business owners and key partners to capture and validate requirements based on the Product Vision and Roadmap
- Create low level user stories, with high engagement from the technology team, ensuring accuracy and clarity
- Produce lo-fi mock-ups, designs and proof of concepts to help communicate requirements and ideas
- Facilitate workshops and deliver presentations to capture requirements and generate feedback
- Develop and maintain documentation of workflow models, processes, applications, and data dictionaries where necessary
- You will be an authority for the domain, working closely with management to understand the business strategy, goals, objectives and roadmap in order to enable that business unit to achieve them
- Work on a day-to-day basis with the development team and be a go to person for Sprint and feature progress.
- You are vital in ensuring the Product backlog is kept up-to-date, prioritised and a pipeline of work is available ahead of time.
- Review outputs with developers and the test team ensuring the final delivered solution meets the desired business objectives.
- Engage business units throughout the project lifecycle.
- Communicate product developments ensuring the business are aware of specific product concerns with regards to projects.
- Attend regular user forums to ensure the product continues to deliver business benefits, and gather product enhancements that drive continuous improvement.
- You will support business users helping smooth transition from development activities into production by providing product knowledge during training, UAT and go live activities.
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Business Analyst in a dynamic, commercial environment
- Consistent track record of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining a backlog of requirements in a central repository
- Experience with web development products
- Good communication skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops
- Strong IT research, software analysis and design skills
- Experience of working in an agile development environment (SCRUM, KANBAN)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- A strong knowledge of conceptual data modelling, data flows, data analysis and data profiling
- Experience with Balsamiq, Axure or other lo-Ff design tools
- Experience with mobile and mobile app products