APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
(Coventry, West Midlands)
Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £55,000 pa depending on experience level
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Brief description of the role:
Based in Coventry, you will report into the Frontline Team Leader and will be responsible for supporting all applications aligned to the company's business unit encompassing any of the technical streams within the team.
The applicant will need to possess a strong work ethic, strong problem-solving skills, a can do attitude and flexible approach, ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organisation along with a knowledge of software support, and excellent data analysis skills.
Working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle PL/SQL
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of working within an ITIL environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Work without supervision and under pressure.
- Strong organisation skills and able to prioritize and coordinate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Able to work with all levels of staff.
- Quality conscious.
- Willing to take ownership.
- Willing to share information.
- Proactively deal with incidents and requests assigned to the team by the helpdesk
- Analyse systems and data to investigate and resolve reported system and data issues.
- Work closely and efficiently with team members, other colleagues and third parties to ensure support requirements are fully achieved.
- Ensure that documentation is kept up to date and knowledge is shared between team members
- Ensure system uptime achieves strict KPIs.
- Resolve incidents within strict KPIs.
- Ensure that processes defined for the team are followed
- Participate in the on-call rota as required
- Perform out of hours changes as required by the business
- A good general knowledge of IT products and services.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A flexible attitude to work and travel.
- The ability to interact successfully with all levels of the business and IT personnel.
- The ability to analyse issues and act quickly.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend and produce technical documents.
- Perseveres with a problem until the desired objective is achieved.
- Desire to turn a negative situation into a positive one.
- Demonstrates the desire to perform and deliver tasks to a high standard.
- Pursues challenges and tasks energetically.
- Continually strives to improve standards of performance.
Communicating and influencing:
- Promote ideas and initiatives.
- Communicate with credibility to a variety of audiences.
- Draft information effectively.
- Escalates in the event of a failure.
- Works co-operatively with peers or other team members to achieve common goals.
- Is a good team player, putting the interests of the team above own interests
- Capable of accurately estimating the duration of tasks both within and outside own area of expertise, soliciting appropriate input where required.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou.
E: email@example.com / T: 01372 748444