ANALYST PROGRAMMER - .NET, VB6, Oracle database or MS SQL Server
(Horsham, West Sussex)
Hours: 37.5 hours (full time) / Reporting to: Project Manager / Experience Level: 3 - 4 + years
My client provides software solutions to the finance industry, focusing particularly on general asset finance. You will be working as part of a small friendly team helping to develop robust, high quality systems that will be used by clients in business operations worldwide.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced developer looking for a challenging and interesting role.
Your primary responsibility is to develop and support the company's Line Of Business systems for clients in the Financial Services industry. This means working on a mixture of components; Windows and web applications and services, developed mainly in .NET, Oracle PL/SQL and VB6.
You will work in a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team of programmers liaising closely with Business Analysts and Testers.
Skills and Experience:
- 3 - 5 years development experience in .Net (Windows, Web or Services) and or VB6, Oracle database or MS SQL Server.
- Ideally you will have experience of the finance industry or related businesses such as banking, insurance, and accounting.
- Able to work effectively in a team as well as independently e.g. in complex problem solving, detailed specifications.
- Able to produce work of consistently high quality, including handling complex algorithms and other calculations.
Working on new projects, core components or supporting existing clients, your focus will be on high quality programming, but encompassing the whole Software Delivery Life Cycle, including:
- Production of detailed technical specifications/documented analysis.
- Development work, which may vary from developing substantial new modules, to enhancements to existing systems, to bug fixing for support issues and during testing phases.
- Completion of programmer QA and secondary QA for colleagues.
- Preparation and deployment of system builds for internal testing and to client environments.
- Production of estimates for costing and/or planning purposes
- Aiding with client queries, remotely or face to face on client site and/or at our office.
Analyst Programmers are required to operate in accordance with the company's programming standards and follow established Project procedures.
It is important that all programmers achieve an understanding of the financial aspects of the system.
As required and depending on your skills, knowledge and experience, you may also be involved in any/all the following activities, for which training is provided as appropriate:
- Contributing to matters relating to the future development of the product and the introduction of new technology
- Providing team DBA support, ensuring effective management and control of client/project schema.
- Completion of physical transfer of data from clients older systems including analysis required to identify and resolve issues.
- Business analysis and production of documentation suitable for internal use and/or client review and sign off. This can include face-to-face discussions with clients and system demonstrations.
- Production of training materials & delivery of training on client site or at our office.
- Mentoring and training of colleagues.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary range - £40-£50k
- 3-month probation
- Office hours 09.00 to 17.30 Monday to Friday
- 1hr for lunch unpaid
- 25 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory public holidays. Option to carry over 5 day's holidays to be used in the first 3 months of the following year (pro rata for part time staff).
- Option to take additional 5 days unpaid leave (pro rata for part time staff)
- Company auto-enrolment pension scheme currently with Royal London. Company contribute 5% of annual salary.
- Entitlement to join the Company Group Income Protection Insurance.75% of annual after 13 weeks long term sickness
- Eligible to join the company's Private Healthcare scheme currently with BUPA
- Option to take world Travel Insurance through BUPA.
- Life insurance - paying 4 times salary to named person(s)
- Free onsite parking
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou
E: email@example.com / T: 01372 748444