3rd Line Infrastructure Support role
6 month fixed term - with possibility of going permanent
Location: 1-2 days per week in central Oxford (although not every week)
3rd Line Infrastructure Support role to manage, support and develop the corporate infrastructure which spans many countries and supports nearly five hundred staff. You will be an experienced senior IT professional engaged on an interim basis to work with key stakeholders, ensuring a stable, working and best practice infrastructure. You will use your knowledge and experience to develop the corporate infrastructure to make it as efficient, robust and stable as possible.
This is a key role, offering both exciting and challenging elements, with the opportunity to influence and change major technology components. You will use your excellent prior experience and expertise to recommend strategy and approach and take the lead on implementing change. Your role will be responsible for all servers, networks, databases, printers and phone systems amongst many other systems.
As a senior technology professional, it is expected that you will assess the company-wide (global) infrastructure at both a corporate and project level, and be able to recommend the appropriate approach for developing areas where you identify a need for change. You will also provide third line support for all infrastructure calls and issues. There will also be the chance to be involved in project and international teams, recommending appropriate technical solutions to enable corporate performance.
- Maintained and up-to-date specialist knowledge of Microsoft/Cisco technical infrastructures.
- Excellent understanding of data networking.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft server technologies
- Solid understanding of delivering corporate infrastructures
- You will have solid experience of delivery of all aspects of infrastructure technology to a medium sized international company
- Experience of installing new technologies and releasing change to users
- Experience of documenting complex infrastructures
- Demonstrable experience working on complex, high value procurement projects.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and presentations.
- Meraki data networking (Meraki cloud, firewalls, routers, switches and WiFi)
- Windows server, data storage, backup and recovery
- SQL Server, SQL backups, SQL Server Management Studio
- Hyper-V (or VMware), server high availability
- DNS, DHCP, print servers, file servers
- Sophos Central
If the role looks of interest and you feel you have the experience required please email me your up to date CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.