2nd Line Service Desk Analyst - 6 Month Contract
Daily Rate: £175-200 per day depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
My client a leading Finance company based in Surrey are looking for a 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst to join their growing Service Desk team for a 6 month contract.
Purpose & Objectives of the Role:
The 2nd line Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the operation of production systems and providing end user support.
The position consists of providing 1st and 2nd line support to all users.
In addition, the role involves performing the IT operational duties required to support the production systems.
The position requires that all operational procedures are completed according to the provided schedules
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Support, Operations and the Administration of business-critical servers and services at the company's production, test & DR sites. These include:-
Core Systems - (PCS, Plasma, Phoenix)
Email Systems - (Exchange/Mimecast)
File and Database Servers - (Windows 200x, SQL, Oracle)
Security - (McAfee/Sophos/Windows Defender/Crowdstrike)
Internet Access - (Meraki)
Remote Access - (Global Protect, Citrix, Microsoft Direct Access)
Messaging Gateways - (Trams)
Document Imaging - (Kofax)
Voice Systems - (Cirrus, Skype, Mitel)
Mobile & Remote Devices - (Surface, Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android)
Desktops - (HP M800, Fujitsu)
Desktop software, to include:
- Microsoft Office 365, Visio, Project, CRM, Adobe, Web Browsers, Outlook, FTP & SFTP,
Anti-Virus, Encryption and End Point Protection
- Process operation production schedules to comply with company procedures in force at the time.
- Process software releases in line with the Company's change control procedures.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software issues on desktop/laptop/surface devices.
- Act as a central point for all incoming support calls and ensure general support is provided to end users, departments and external companies.
- Ensure adequate virus protection at all times for all data transfers to and from the network.
- Take first line responsibility for the 'health', performance and maintenance of the company local and wide area network infrastructure hardware including servers.
- Assist with the maintenance of all equipment, systems, user software, documentation and the functionality and appearance of the computer/communications room.
- Maintain an inventory of all company IT user assigned equipment
- Provide general support for communications hardware
- Provide initial diagnosis and where possible repair of system faults within time scales agreed
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documentation, procedures and information.
- Assist with the purchasing and payment for goods adopting departmental procedures in force at that time.
- Ensure that equipment and media that is kept in offsite locations is secure and inventories of such sites are created and kept up to date.
- Develop a knowledge of the hardware and operating systems running the Company's computer systems consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Ensure that the buildings and systems are secure at all times in line with company security procedures, special care to be taken when working outside of normal office hours.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Service Desk Manager
Ensure that where appropriate in the performance of role responsibilities and individual objectives the staff member always considers the interests of our customers and treats them fairly.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience in an IT support role
- Windows Active Directory
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Focused and accurate
- Ability to prioritize
- Good customer service skills
Educated to A level or Microsoft certified
- Financial sector experience
- Windows 2008/2012/2016
- Exchange 2010/2012
- Office 365
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01372 748444