1ST LINE HELPDESK SUPPORT - Godalming, Surrey
Start date: ASAP
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Salary: (DOE) £20,000 - £23,000 PA
About the company:
My client is a friendly and energetic managed service provider offering IT Support to multiple clients. Your job is to be proactive, professional and friendly - fixing all client issues, preventing it from happening again, making them feel calm and confident in your ability, and making sure that the client feels well communicated with, in a manner that hasn't made them feel silly for calling in the first place!
A broad range of technical skills are required for this role, and training will be provided for any areas where you don't have strong knowledge.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365
- Hosted and Cloud services
- MS Exchange Server
- Anti-Virus/Anti Malware Software
- Back Up Software and Hardware
- Server and Desktop Hardware
- IP Networking and Routing
- MS SQL
- Help clients with any tech question they need to raise, by phone, web or email.
- Deal with a wide variety of users and businesses, from small to large, corporate to charity, IT savvy to the technically challenged!
- Manage your own case load, answer issues within a defined SLA, escalate calls within our 1st, 2nd and 3rd line tiers, and liaise with third parties to find a speedy resolution to client's issues.
- Research issues for which you don't have an immediate answer.
- Work alongside the wider team, to manage client issues that might need input from other stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a professional IT team or service provider
- The ability to be self-motivated and highly organised.
- The ability to keep it simple - no one's impressed with jargon that only serves to belittle the end user.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of tech products, from PC to server, printer to firewall, Operating System to Security software.
- The ability to remain calm and to make clients feel that they are the most important person on the planet!
The icing on the cake:
- Experience in a multi-client tech support environment
- Microsoft or Citrix support qualifications
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou -
T: 01372 748444