1st Line Help Desk Engineer - Epsom, Surrey
My client, the IT Support and Telecommunications network partner of choice for thousands of UK Businesses is looking to add to their Help Desk team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- As part of a team of 17 engineers you will be required to help support and maintain computer networks at all levels.
- To provide a friendly and professional service to our customers at all times.
- Monitor and maintain our DSL monitoring system.
- Monitor and maintain our server and workstation monitoring system.
- Report on and resolve faults reported by the SolarWinds monitoring system.
- Answer technical calls from customers and log the cases in Autotask.
- Provide 1st line technical support to the IT and Telecoms customer bases.
- Accurately record and maintain Autotask tickets when dealing with incidents and queries raised by customers.
- Maintain SLAs on support tickets ensuring that customer problems are resolved to a satisfactory conclusion or escalated to the correct team.
- Pass cases that require 2nd/3rd line support to the Tier 2 Helpdesk Engineering team.
- Maintain a professional and helpful telephone manner.
- Out of hours/on-call cover as part of a team rota.
- Supported technologies include Microsoft Server 2016, Exchange, Office 365, Cisco Meraki and Zyxel firewalls, Solarwinds, Sophos Anti-virus.
- £16,000 plus an additional £1734 on joining the out of hours rota
- 20 days holiday (Jan Dec) plus UK bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme after probationary period