UX Designer - Web, Mobile, IoT, Chatbots, AI, Machine Learning
BRIGHTON - Rapidly Expanding Creative Agency
My client are a strategy, design and technology company based in central Brighton. They work on exciting and innovative projects, from Internet of Things (IoT) prototypes to substantial digital change programmes. clients include household names in international finance, global energy and bespoke travel.
Due to rapid growth they are looking for a Senior (or talented mid weight looking to step up) UX designer to join the growing team.
UX is at the very heart of what they do and plays a critical role within the company. They are looking for Senior UX designer to collaborate with UI designers, developers and the wider project team in a creative and open environment to develop exciting digital products.
Here are some of the things that make this role challenging:
- We work at the cutting edge of digital and design products across multiple platforms from Web to Mobile, IoT to Chatbots, AI and machine learning. While you may not currently have experience in all of these areas you will need to have the ambition to embrace new technologies and apply solid UX practice to ensure the best possible user experience is achieved. Our work often extends beyond digital design into organisational design and business strategy.
- A large part of your time will be spent working closely with clients to help shape and define the projects. You should therefore be comfortable designing and facilitating workshops
- Your time will be divided between user research, partnering with the client and interaction design. This can vary over time so you should be capable of working to a high proficiency across all areas.
- You would be expected to bring your extensive project experience to establish the UX direction of the projects and lead the UX input into the project; implementing best practice and striking the balance between user need and business requirements.
- We also have our own in house usability testing lab to gather feedback from people and regularly validate our design thinking through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You should be confident presenting your work and ideas to senior management teams and c-level execs or receiving and acting on their feedback. You will also be responsible for designing and facilitating client workshops in an engaging way to ensure you get all the information needed and accommodate any complex systems and processes which may surface in the project.
- Although you are a creative at the core you should be fluent in your understanding of Agile and Lean product and project management. None of our processes are set in stone and we are always looking at ways to improve our working practices as such you will be expected to contribute your thoughts and ideas to help improve and evolve this.
The kind of person I am looking for should be:
- Passionate. We look for people who live and breath the subject of UX. Always with your head in a book or trawling blogs, Medium and Twitter for the latest insights. You should have a thorough understanding of contemporary user centred design methodologies and a thirst to constantly improve and excel.
- Experienced. You should have lead the UX approach on a wide variety of projects in both size and complexity over a number of years and be willing and able to demonstrate this experience to us.
- Self motivated. You won't be spoon fed work or told what to do. Although you have the help and support from the Head of UX you will be autonomous, taking full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail every step of the way from inception through to delivery.
- A team person. One of our company values is togetherness, we expect every employee to be a strong independent thinker but also know the importance of collaboration and that great teams are bigger than the sum of their parts.
- A problem solver. You should have a highly analytical (as well as highly creative) mindset capable of solving problems in an elegant and efficient way.
- A natural communicator. You will able to effectively communicate your design vision through whatever the most appropriate medium or tools may be. This could be paper sketches through to functional prototypes for the project team or it could mean you presenting to board level execs. You should also have excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and persuasion skills (as required) to help get stakeholders on board with your thoughts.