TechOps Lead/ Cloud Infrastructure Consultant (Linux/ Apache)
- Job Reference: HQ00008867
- Date Posted: 31 March 2017
- Recruiter: E-Resourcing
- Location: Surrey
- Salary: £45,000 to £60,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Benefits
- Sector: IT (general)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
TechOps Lead/ Cloud Infrastructure Consultant (Linux/ Nginx/ Apache) - West Surrey
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Operations/ Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our Global Software Provider client on a permanent basis in their West Surrey offices! This is an exciting newly created opportunity with our Client to demonstrate your passion for technology, lead a small team and make the role your own!
The Technical Operations Lead will be responsible for leading a small team to ensure the smooth migration of global clients to a private cloud offering. You will own the departmental Cloud infrastructure and remotely manage customer's production systems in their Private Cloud environments. Key responsibilities will involve the following: -
- Hands on management of installation, support and maintenance of software and hardware infrastructure to a global client base. Introducing industry best practices across the business.
- Travel to client sites (USA, Europe) to provide a consultative and customer facing approach to resolving tangible business problems
- Develop the Technical Operations Strategy and be responsible for growing the team
- Plan, manage and execute customer migration and on premise deployment projects
- Manage remote and nearshore technical operations resources
The successful TechOps Lead/ Cloud Infrastructure Consultant will demonstrate a strong background supporting and implementing Linux platforms in a client facing environment. You will be familiar around networking and be confident debugging network issues (use of open source tools such as tcpdump/ wireshark will be beneficial). You will understand web servers/ load balancers and ideally be comfortable managing and configuring Apache/ Nginx/ HAproxy. Additionally, you will be comfortable with team leading responsibilities demonstrating commercial acumen and project management skills.
Please note this role will involve overseas travel on an occasional basis (< 50%) and a Client facing element!