My client are a well-established software consultancy and development company, providing custom and tailored solutions across a range of industry sectors. They have offices in the UK, the Middle East and India supporting over 100 different software solutions in over 500 organisations worldwide.
The corporate vision is to be one of the UKs' premier software development companies by delivering capable and secure business critical solutions to the market and forging long and mutually rewarding partnerships with their customers and staff.
My client are looking to recruit a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) / Developer to work across the business platforms. Each of the product suites are broken down into functional teams, with each team having responsibility for their own software suite in terms of development, testing and delivery. The SQL DBA role will be required to work with the Product Managers, senior developers and other members of each team to support them in their design and implementation of all SQL applications. The SQL DBA will report directly into the Technical Director and will be part of the Technical Design Authority (TDA) team.
The successful candidate needs to be driven, confident and with the desire to be part of a team constructing quality software for our clients. They will work with the TDA whilst working collaboratively with all teams to deliver and meet agreed targets
Experience of installing, administering and troubleshooting SQL Environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
Have extensive knowledge and be proficient in utilising all features within SQL Server together with a full understanding of feature differences between each version.
A thorough knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
Knowledge and experience of Business intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
Possess a strong technical understanding of SQL environments ability to pro-actively suggest recommendations
Excellent analytical skills ability to undergo and investigate task within structural processes.
Understanding of healthcare software architecture.
Database modelling and consolidation
An understanding and practical knowledge of .Net framework, in particular Entity Framework and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server would be an advantage.
A good knowledge of ETL and database warehouse design
Building highly available and resilient SQL server solutions
A comprehensive knowledge of SQLSentry or other similar database analytical tools
Database modelling and consolidation
- An understanding and practical knowledge of .Net framework, in particular Entity Framework and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge of ETL and database warehouse design
- Building highly available and resilient SQL server solutions
- A comprehensive knowledge of SQLSentry or other similar database analytical tools
- Working closely with the Infrastructure Manager, Product Managers and Senior Developers to:
- Assist with the design and implementation of tables, stored procedures, functions, models, security and jobs within all SQL applications
- Ensure application databases meet business and performance standards
- Monitor database performance and provide statistics and performance data to teams on a regular basis
- Identify and diagnose areas of poor performance and propose relevant solutions to ensure optimal configuration and performance
- Assist with reconfiguration, translation and migration of data in systems
- Ensure all SQL instances are correctly patched on a regular basis and free of vulnerabilties
- Provide developers, testers and customers with realistic test data
- Advise and develop solutions to improve system performance
- Help document, monitor and enforce best practice in database design and programming.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager in ensuring consistent and reliable backups and recovery procedures
- Create and maintain all database technical documentation
- Assist with the design and development of data exports and ETL best practices
- Deploy new database instances and ensure scalability across both test and production servers to meet business demand
- Advise on hardware configuration, third party tools and network configuration for database instances