Senior Network Engineer
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer to ensure the ongoing operation of their Global Network. This Senior Network Engineer role will provide a key interface between the business and vendors, ensuring that business requirements are being fulfilled while adhering to technical standards, industry best practices, network security principals, and service provider agreements.
The Senior Network Engineer position requires proven experience of network support in a global network environment. This includes working knowledge in network technologies including Cisco routing and switching, Microsoft Networking, LAN (wired and wireless), WAN (MPLS, VPN, Hybrid Wan), VOIP and Collaboration Solutions (Skype for Business, Avaya), remote access solutions, network security (firewalls, security monitoring, security incident response), identity management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2FA, Radius, Cisco ACS), SNMP, public and private DNS, DHCP, network performance analysis and capacity planning, and experience with network monitoring tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
* High level Support and Maintenance of the global network environment
* Provide detailed network performance analysis for application traffic.
* Provide WAN reliability, availability, and performance reporting as necessary.
* Provide network support and configuration assistance to application teams deploying
at public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc).
* Support for firewalls and the remote access environment, including client VPN.
* Support for identify management technologies including Active Directory, 2FA, Radius
* Maintain network redundancy, backup and recovery processes, and disaster recovery
Essential skills and experience
* Proven experience of providing WAN & LAN support in diverse environments.
* Network infrastructure (WAN, MAN, LAN, Wifi, QoS for Data, Voice, and Video)
* Network protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IPSec, etc)
* MPLS / VPN / Hybrid WAN / Metro Networks / leased lines
* Network Hardware (Cisco routers and switches, cabling, Palo Alto firewalls)
* VOIP and Collaboration Systems (Skype for Business, Avaya)
* Network connections to Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, etc)
* Network performance analysis and reporting
* Identity Management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2 Factor Auth, TACACS,
* Wireshark, Netflow, Riverbed ATX, MRTG, Nagios
* Operating systems: Microsoft (Server and Desktop), Mac OS X, Linux
Cisco Certification (CCNP ideally)