Senior Network Engineer - Cisco, LAN, WAN, AWS
A global organisation in a period of exponential growth have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting global networks, a high level of technical skills for troubleshooting and problem analysis, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Resolve support trouble tickets.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd Level support.
- Provide guidance as required to network providers.
- Provide detailed network performance analysis for application traffic.
- Provide Wide Area Network reliability, availability, and performance reporting as necessary.
- Work with network vendors and global/regional IT groups to resolve problems compliant with SLAs.
- Provide network support and configuration assistance to application teams deploying at public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Support for firewalls and the remote access environment, including client VPN.
- Support for identify management technologies including active directory, two factor authentication, Radius and PEAP.
You must have the following experience:
- Established and proven experience of providing WAN & LAN support in diverse environments.
- Cisco Certification (CCNP or higher or equivalent).
- Demonstrate a working knowledge, understanding, and experience with the following:
- Network infrastructure (WAN, MAN, LAN, Wifi, QoS for Data, Voice, and Video)
- Network protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IPSec, etc)
- MPLS / VPN / Hybrid WAN / Metro Networks / leased lines
- Network Hardware (Cisco routers and switches, cabling, Palo Alto firewalls)
- VOIP and Collaboration Systems (Skype for Business, Avaya)
- Network connections to Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Network performance analysis and reporting
- Incident, Change and Problem Management processes within an ITIL based framework.
- Identity Management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2 Factor Auth, TACACS, Radius, PEAP)
- Wireshark, Netflow, Riverbed ATX, MRTG, Nagios
- Operating systems: Microsoft (Server and Desktop), Mac OS X, Linux
- Microsoft Office 365 & Visio Professional
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
To apply please send a CV detailing the above required skills and experience.