SAP ABAP Consultant -£55,000 plus bonus, plus benefits - Watford
Based in head office in Watford and working within the SAP Support Team, you will be responsible for the support and maintenance of the SAP solution specifically within the area of ABAP. Experience of working in support roles in a complex environment is essential. Good exposure to FI, SD, MM, PM, VIM (Vendor Invoice Management) and SRM modules.
As an experienced SAP ABAP Programmer you will join a driven and committed team providing SAP ABAP expertise for both projects and ongoing business-as-usual support for the entire organisations SAP landscape, including development, test and productive systems.
You will be responsible for supporting projects, operational and change request activities, incident resolution and producing quality technical documentation.
Purpose of role:
Provide 2nd /3rd line support and development work, guidance and best practice knowledge. Work directly with the SAP support team, SAP support partner, business users, super users and master data management team.
- Ensuring that SAP Support team processes, procedure and guidelines are adhered to by all parties
- Managing the incident, problem and change management processes in ABAP domain
- Assisting the teams' functional analysts with technical support for incident resolution (i.e. debugging and root cause analysis)
- Assisting with support packs, legal changes, upgrades, enhancement packs, OSS Notes
- Development of technical specifications for new requirements
- Ensuring that correct estimates are provisioned for change requests and project related requirements
- Interface with technical teams, business and support partner to resolve issues
- Contribution to continuous improvement initiatives, projects and future SAP roadmaps
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of SAP Application Lifecycle Management and Solution Manager
- Solid and proven knowledge of ABAP, ABAP OO, ALE/IDOC, Smartforms, Workflow, Business Objects Data Services, UI5 and Fiori
- Exposure to both internal and external audits for SAP
- Ability to demonstrate clear and concise interaction with individuals and groups at all levels
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and unambiguous documentation
- Capability in supporting functional and technical performance issue resolution
- Motivated to work in an independent manner, managing the deliverables allocated
- Able to work in close harmony with project, business and technical teams to ensure the end goal is met
- Working knowledge of the SAP portal environment
- Understanding of the integration points within SAP particularly around FI/CO, SD, MM, VIM and SRM