Production Integrator Windows
Production Integration ensures the transition of Windows applications into the production environment:
- We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments
- We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
- We analyze the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
- We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
- We organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
Your part of the deal
The main part of the job involves :
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers,testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations available for on call duties during certain weekends.
Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday
The team is based in our office of Braine-L'Alleud
A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
- Windows Server (2000 and/or 2003)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.net)
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mindset
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.