My client, a fast growing online retailer are seeking 2 x talented permanent e-commerce PHP Developers, one position in a Junior role, and one in a Senior role, who can develop the end-to-end technology requirements of a specialist online retail business.
To become a part of this ambitious and successful business you must have a desire to work in a customer focused retail environment and skills that will add significant value to the in-house web development team. Previous experience in an e-commerce environment is highly desirable.
- Develop new website features while improving existing functionality
- Research and evaluate new web technology
- Contribute to the development of working practices
- Advise on web development across multiple departments (as an Internal Consultant)
- Solve complex technical challenges
- Improve user experience for customers and colleagues
- Liaise with third parties
- Improve the underlying technology stack to ensure future scalability
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent coding abilities in both procedural/global and Object Oriented PHP
- Advanced MySQL experience with a solid understanding of database normalisation and optimisation
- Excellent oral communication skills and fluency in English
- A solid understanding of website security risks and prevention
- Familiarity with online marketing practices
- Comprehension of key development and design principles such as OOP, EAV, MVC, Agile
- At least 2 years of commercial ecommerce web development experience
- Well versed in feature-rich shopping cart development
What The Client Will Offer You
- A salary of £25k to £50k per year (dependent on capability and experience)
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- A range of benefits, including season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, and staff discounts
- The opportunity to be part of a fun, hard-working team of people who are passionate about what they do
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere
If interested we will need you to send us:
- Links to recent ecommerce websites you have built or contributed to, with details of your contribution, if applicable
- PHP code samples
- A brief statement, detailing the reasons why you're interested in working in an in-house e-commerce environment, and what skills you wish to develop
If shortlisted, you will be invited to our client's London based offices, and you will be asked to complete a 15-minute basic numeracy and Excel test and a 30-minute written web development test. You will be able to discuss your test results with a senior member of the development team; if successful, you will meet the Head of Technology and Commercial Director for an interview on the same day.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK, and can demonstrate it.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org / 01372 748 444