We are seeking an experienced Linux Engineer to troubleshoot, patch and upgrade Linux servers as well as in depth fault resolution and remediating vulnerabilities.
This role also offers the opportunity to get involved in some exciting projects such as cloud migrations and DevOps work including automation.
Proven working knowledge and experience of:
- Extensive experience of using and in-depth troubleshooting of Linux.
- Computer Networking IP / DHCP / LAN / WAN / VPN / Firewalls / Routers
- Planning & Implementing software installation in complex Enterprise environments
- OS patching both Linux and Windows including through deployment and automation tools such as WSUS and Puppet
- Use and ongoing maintenance of monitoring and alerting tools
- Major Application updates and patching, e.g. SQL server, Oracle, Tomcat, Antivirus platforms etc
- Build and deployment of Windows and Linux server (VMware and AWS)
Beneficial skills include:
- Working closely with Developers to ensure required environments are available in time
- Virtualisation and Cloud technologies including VMware vSphere and AWS
- Supporting live, test and staging development environments
- Experience of working towards ISO27001 & PCI Compliance or similar
- IT security practices and procedures in an Enterprise environment
Please send a CV to Katie Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org / 01372 748444 for consideration.