Agile Java Developer
Rate: Up to £425 per day
My client is looking for an experienced Agile Developer to join their busy development team based in a convenient West London location.
The successful candidate will join an agile team that is responsible for delivering an enterprise publish-subscribe messaging system with additional APIs to support storage, retrieval and advanced search capabilities.
The candidates must have proven experience in:
- Java 8
- Agile development (TDD, BDD, Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Asynchronous messaging systems or event based architectures
- Highly available, resilient and scalable enterprise systems
- Continuous Integration and build pipeline implementation
- The team is currently migrating key components to a new micro-service based architecture, so there are two groups of key technologies that are desirable:
- Current technologies: Vert.x, Kafka, PostgeSQL, Elastic Search, JUnit, Cucumber, Docker, AWS, JIRA Agile, Splunk, Confluence
- Legacy technologies: Mule ESB, ActiveMQ, S3
- The candidate must also:
- Be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, project management, architects and developers.
- Help drive continuous improvement and innovation in the team through an agile mindset and desire to improve all aspects of the team's performance.