Context of the mission
Our client is looking for an Incident Problem Manager to manage and provide support (verification, monitoring, implementation of standard and pre-approved changes, management and resolution of incidents) for IT applications on the different IT platforms with a view to guaranteeing maximum availability of systems and applications for staff and customers.
Responsibilities of the Incident Problem Manager
- Handle incident tickets based on own knowledge of and insight into the Business, and evaluates these tickets and prioritises them appropriately
- Independently resolve incidents, mainly based on experience gained and knowledge accrued, and partly by applying procedures, escalates incidents whenever required
- Act as an intermediary in the finding of solutions to incidents with a view to complying with defined service level agreements and give feedback
- Report recurring incidents by creating Problem tickets
- Help and resolve incidents and problems with a greater level of complexity
- Ability to manage several urgent incidents simultaneously, mainly drawing on own
knowledge accrued/experience gained, partly through procedures, and always in
compliance with defined service level agreements
- Ability to set priorities in the sequence of execution of the different tasks
- Analysing outstanding incident tickets in the role of Incident Controller, and taking
the actions required to resolve these incidents to ensure compliance with the defined
service level agreements.
- Improve overall availability of services by proactively identifying Problems
- Identify the underlying root cause of a Problem and initiate the most appropriate Problem solution
- Ensure a full historical description and update Problem list
- Guarantee maximum availability of systems and applications on several IT platforms through monitoring and proactive checks
- Great responsibility for correct assessment of the impact of an incident,
factoring in the possible connection between the different IT platforms and Business applications.
Service Request Management:
- Ensure the follow up of requests for information or advice coming from users
Profile of the Incident Problem Manager
- Knowledge at Bachelor's level or similar level based on experience
- 2 years of work experience
- Knowledge of the applications and their mutual interactions within the client
- Knowledge of the organisation and its structure.
- Knowledge of IT protocols.
- Knowledge of the Incident Management process.
- Knowledge of the Change Management process.
- Written and spoken English skills.
- Stress resistant.
- Good team player
- Proactivity which requires good analytics skills (a former functional/data analyst or a technical profile with strong experience with Business processes)