Global Design Engineer TEC-NEO
- Job Reference: HQ00008893
- Date Posted: 14 April 2017
- Recruiter: E-Resourcing
- Location: Brussels
- Salary: £251.82 to £314.78
- Sector: IT (general)
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 8 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Global Design Engineer TEC NEO
Your assignment : "Construction, management and maintenance of the cable network (fiber or copper cable) with aim to build the best possible infrastructure for the best price and highest customer satisfaction. " Concretely this means adapting our fiber and copper network architecture in response to internal (network optimization and / or network expansion, network renovation) or external triggers (road works, housing estates, industrial zones, customer inquiries) o hereby systematically taking into account possible other triggers in the same environment, with a view to optimization of implementation, in terms of complexity and costs o with the aim of optimizing the use of manpower, material and financial resources within the available budget
* controlling such projects to the planning- and implementation so that they can be included with an appropriate priority
* communicate about projects with external parties such as cities and municipalities, developers, consultants and other utilities o intake do new projects o quickly make an accurate analysis of the impact of new projects or project changes at the Proximus interests, formulate proposals that defend those interests Depending on your profile can be assigned other tasks for which your skills are needed, eg. Coaching colleagues.
* Above all you want to continually retrain personally and professionally
* Spatial awareness is a first and important requirement. Recognition of patterns and the shortest route on a map, you are granted
* You have a relevant bachelor's degree level (surveying, computer science, geography, ...) or equivalent experience
* You have a good technical knowledge (including impairment losses in copper cable and optical fiber)
. You work with electrical formulas such as Ohm's law.
* You should be interested in the telecom in general
* Good and groomed written and oral communication.
You communicate easily with colleagues and external parties.
* Analytical approach to a technical problem is a plus.
* Knowledge of Autocad, QGIS or similar software
* Knowledge of MS Office: Windows, Word, Excel and Access (user)
* You are in possession of a driving license Language
- Dutch Very good knowledge of speaking, reading and writing.
- English: good understanding, sufficient to read English-language communication.
- French: Notions.