Context of the mission
For the Business Service Core team, our client is looking for a Senior Analyst / Functional Architect having good experience in the Telco world.
Our client has started a strategy some years ago to promote the implementation of re-usable business services on top of a SOA architecture already in place for multiple years.
These business services define the interfaces between their IT systems, make use of an Enterprise Canonical Model and focus on coarse grained granularity of these services operations to optimize the re-use. The approach focus also on proper naming convention and functional separation of concerns.
They continue this approach for new projects with the implementation of a Functional Architecture driven by their Enterprise Architect team. This evolution of their architecture focus even more on the separation of concern between the different functional blocs what we call Capabilities and continue to leverage their business services approach with an evolution to APIs and API management.
They have implemented a "Business Factory Process", supported by governance tools, design tools, trainings, and support organization during the last 4 years. This process is currently revisited to cope with the requirements of their new Functional Architecture.
Multiple new projects are starting to use this architecture and they will have a peak of workload in the coming months to finalize the standards, tools and governance, to train development teams on the new process and architecture, to support implementation and to assure that the governance is respected.
In this scope, you will be integrated in a "Business Service Core" Team.
Responsibilities of the Functional Architecture
- Support Project Architects in their solution design to properly identify the APIs to be implemented respecting our defined standards and architecture principle
- Support a community of SME (subject matter expert) that maintain their canonical model
- Actively participate to the governance process to validate proposed services with other team members
- Define requirements for tooling improvement (for design and governance), follow up of tool implementation, and test new versions.
Profile of the Functional Architect
- Very good understanding of Telco processes and data modelling
- Experience with TMForum and SID model
- Experience in solution design, process modelling, functional analysis of complex process
- Good understanding of SOA architecture, ESB architecture, API Management
- Very good communication skills
- Able to manage complex meeting and conflictual situations
- Able to work under pressure and stress
- Good in English speaking and writing (French and Dutch is a must)