Context of the mission
In order to reinforce the DevOps team working on the Facilities Management portfolio, our client is looking for additional resources.
Our client is now in control of the IT applications & systems of the FMD Facilities Management Department including some critical logistics / user access solutions. However, the FMD IT has been developed in shadow IT mode and it is now time to integrate it into the bigger picture.
However, standard our client monitoring/antivirus & other system cannot run on FMD applications. This is where an Expert System Engineer is needed to bypass such problems and find solutions. For example, some applications have now been migrated to a separate cloud provider (different from our client one) which specs allowing FMD systems to perform well!
Responsibilities of the Expert System Engineer
- Implementation of specific software packages from suppliers and setup and maintenance of specific infrastructure hosting these assets.
- Find creative but solid and secure solution
- Be able to make the right architecture understanding (architecture skills)
- Understand complex external software installation guide (analytical skills
- Be able to document the decisions you have made (process skills) including writing 50-60 pages' document (writing skills)
- Design & describe a process/procedure to follow (process skills)
- Able to coordinate your actions with colleagues & third parties (Project management skills)
Profile of the Expert System Engineer
- 5-10 years experience in System Engineering
- Knowledge of Windows Server is essential
- knowledge of IT Rist mitigation is required
- Good knowledge of networking is a plus
- Love deep & complex technical/infra issues