Director Engineering ad interim
Our Enterprise Division is leading the way to let people collaborate better together, by ensuring engaging experiences. From boardroom or meeting room to classroom: all of our solutions help people unleash the power of shared knowledge - for brighter ideas and ultimately better results.
We are the global market leader in the fast growing Wireless Presentation market (CAGR of 30%+) and are seeking a talented R&D/software development leader to take part of our ground breaking movement and lead our business into cloud-enabled next generation Meeting Experience products & services.
We are looking for a seasoned leader that can bring our R&D software teams in Belgium, India and Romania to the next level of performance (technical and managerial capabilities) and that can drive a technology vision for our Meeting Experience business. This leader is expected to be very strong in global multi-cultural people management.
As our Director Engineering your main responsibilities are:
· Lead a team of 60+ software engineers, agile coaches, designers organized in cross functional teams, based in Europe and APAC, to develop applications and embedded firmware for our meeting room and collaboration product ranges.
· Develop and be able to sell a technology vision for our business. Take initiative for the technical expansion of the product range and market segments.
· Strive to continuously improve the SDLC and proactively coordinate the software development efforts with your counterparts in Taiwan, India and other sites.
· To be a senior business partner. Ensure a balanced connect between technical and business constraints.
· Manage a good balance between breakthrough and incremental innovation.
· Engage in architecture strategy and platform discussions, including cross-divisional stakeholders .
· Proactively contribute to the team dynamics in order to create an inspiring work culture with a global scaling mindset
As a prerequisite to become our R&D director you:
· have at least 8 years of engineering and project management experience.
· have a proven track record in people management of larger software development teams, preferably in an international and distributed context.
· demonstrate leadership & management skills to maintain structure and focus in an Engineering environment, while retaining the flexibility to work in a changing and innovative environment;
· are an excellent communicator: you are able to communicate effectively at different levels within the organization (executive managers, engineers, supporting departments, etc.) and with external stakeholders (suppliers, major customers, etc.).
· are fully conversational in English
· are willing to travel on a regular basis (20%) to our other development centers in Europe and Asia.
· ideally hold master's degree in a software development related major or equivalent through experience
Once on board you will:
· be part of an international development team of R&D colleagues based in Belgium, Romania, Taiwan and India.
· work with state-of-the-art products and services that make a genuine trendsetter.
· collaborate to enlarge and add new levels of interactivity to our meeting room experience solutions (eg. ClickShare).
· inspire our long-term innovation by supporting our Innovation Wednesday efforts.
· appreciate the comfort of our brand new headquarters.
· enjoy continuous training opportunities
Our offer: In exchange for your passion and contributions, our client offers you a challenging job in an international, professional and innovative company, where career development and growth opportunities abound. You work with state-of-the-art products and services that make a genuine trendsetter. An innovative work environment and a lot of challenges are of course part of the deal.