Developer - C#, .Net and SQL (stored procedures and triggers)
To develop, improve and maintain the tools used within the company across all software platforms. This role will be the IT / technical lead within the Actuarial department, responsible for ensuring that all programming and coding solutions used within the department are fit for purpose.
The jobholder will have experience of developing SQL tools in .net environments using SQL and C#; in particular using MS SQL Server Management Studio and MS Visual Studio. Ideally you will also have a maths and programming background and be familiar with insurance terminology.
- Experience of developing SQL tools:
- Data modelling and relational database application design
- Familiarity with T-SQL, stored procedures and user-defined functions
- A familiarity with CLR programming (using .NET code on the SQL server) may prove beneficial
- An understanding of indexing and performance tuning of queries
- Good knowledge of the .NET framework
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming in C#
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Rationalise existing tools
- Simplify code, generalise processes and improve within existing tools
- Consolidate existing tools
- Where possible, bring tools together to minimise duplication and improve efficiency and facilitate future development.
- Improve existing tools and develop new tools
- Based on the current and future needs of the business develop new tools and enhance existing tools to facilitate use, inputs, outputs and analysis of all existing models.
If the role sounds of interest please email me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.