Context of the mission
The Data Services team is in charge of the management of Databases and Business Intelligence infrastructures.
The team takes care of the installation, configuration of the software's as well as the support of the production and test systems.
It also provides technical guidelines and participates in design reviews, working in close collaboration with project leaders and development teams.
It also ensures the stability, performance and security of the infrastructure and manages the software versioning and patching.
The candidate will work as Business Intelligence administrator supporting the following software's :
IBM Infosphere Information Server (Datastage, IGC)
IBM Cognos BI
IBM Cognos TM1
Hadoop Distribution (Cloudera)
As member of the team he will participate in software installation and configuration, release management, application design reviews and support the production and test environments
Responsibilities of the BI Expert
- Manage the BI infrastructure to ensure the production stability, availability and security
- Manage the growth of the BI environment
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems
- Monitor and tune the performance
- Provide technical advices and guidelines to development teams and project leaders to make an efficient use of the BI infrastructure while respecting the best practices and company policies and processes
- Participate in the review of applicative designs and the deployment in production
- Maintain the versioning of BI software's
- Ensure the recoverability of the BI environment and data
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of data warehouse and ETL principles and be an expert of the BI software's
OPERATING SYSTEMS: AIX, Linux, Windows
The candidate should also accept to participate in the watch duty rotation.
This counts for about 7 to 10 days/month